Last night when I was making dinner I was reminded that I have around 12 bananas in my freezer when I looked into it. I then thought, “Wow! I need to get ride of these before I become a hoarder of banana’s!” Then I remembered that I pinned a recipe on Pinterest of Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread. Thank you to Lovin From The Oven for saving me from a filled freezer of bananas. As I looked at the recipe I was getting so excited. Like a little girl looking into the oven window waiting for the cookies to be done. I had everything. It was time to get a baking. I grabbed all the ingredients and as usual banana bread is super easy to make. Adding in the cinnamon in between was the icing on the cake. Why haven’t thought of this earlier. So simple and so delicious.
The aroma was filling the air and I was on sensory over load! It couldn’t cook fast enough. As soon as the timer went off I had to get a bit right away. So I took it out of the bread pan and cut into it immediately. The first bit…..ummmmm yeah…..with the crunchy outside and soft moist inside it was a bit of heaven. Needless to say this will forever be my new banana bread recipe. I had to stop myself from not eating it all in one night. I’m glad I did so that I can enjoy it while I had my coffee this morning!
Beware this recipe is dangerous! It is so addicting! ENJOY
If you have your own little twist on banana bread I would love to hear about it. Please share. I Love trying new recipes.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
For the bread:
- 3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
For the swirl:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and four a loaf pan. Mine was 9 x 5, but you could use any sort, I suppose. Just keep a close eye on it in the oven, and adjust the time as needed
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, but remember, if you’re using a different-sized loaf pan, be careful and keep a close eyeball on it!